The Scullville Volunteer Fire Company No. 3 was organized August 16, 1934 with 13 members present. Meeting was called to order and the following officers were elected. Philip Cavanaugh - President; Richard Somers - Vice President; Raymond Tallman - Secretary; George Sourides - Treasurer; Arthur Tallman - Financial Secretary; Charles Smith, Martin Lee and Albert Steelman - Trustees; Line Officers included Raymond Tallman - Chief; Lawrence Swift - Asst. Chief; Philip Cavanaugh - Captain; Joseph Fennell , - Lieutenant.
Meeting of August 27, 1934, members voted to use the new Scullville School for meetings.The original fire equipment was housed at member's residence until a parcel ot ground was donated by James E. Scull in March of 1935 and a 18 foot by 30 foot fire house was erected in 1936. Additional property was purchased from Geogre Sourides in June 1946 and the present fire house was founded in 1950 with a kitchen being added on in 1963.
Our second fire house was constructed in 1974 on property donated by the Fennell family. This fire house was constructed to provide additional protection for the English Creek section of th township and to house additional fire equipment for a rapidy growing community.
Through the five decades of devoted service to our community, the Scullville Volunteer Fire Company No. 3 has held several fund raising events. The first supper was held on October 11, 1934 consisting of saurkraut, weiners and pork of which the Ladies from the Christian Endeavor helped serve.
The first fire truck was purchased January 21, 1935 for $30.00 in Oceanville. A 6-cylinder Reo was purchased December 1936. A 1933 Ford was purchased in December 1939, then an all-wheel drive Chevy truck was purchased in 1952